Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Gettin all Hollywood with it...


So I don't know about you, but my absolute, hands down favorite way to get scrappy is to do so with my favorite scrappy peeps... My scrapping obsession got real strong when I was a member of Cafe Mom (feels like FOREVER ago) and I came across gals with uber scrappy talent... My girls Karmyn, Tracey, Jill, Kristy, Lizzie, and Amy have still kept in touch since we left Cafe Mom behind, and I love love love ogling their work and following (stalking?) them on facebook these days...

But then I found Scrap A Doodle Doo, and Stephanie convinced me to try a crop. We started out nice and slow, with day crops that eventually transitioned into full weekend crops hosted by the store. I HAD to take it slow or hubby would've had coniptions... Now he's an old pro at having me away for the weekend once a quarter, but those first few crops were... interesting, to say the least! :)

But one of my favorite parts of the Scrap A Doodle Doo crops are the themes... Stephanie, Mama Doodle, and Mark go all out when they plan these crops and they include everything from props to lifesize decorations to yummy goodies and fun giveaways. She's had crops that were decade related (50s, 80s, etc...), destination related (Disney, Hawaiian luau), and even nostalgic (Winter Wonderland, Candyland...). And at each of these crops we had theme inspired surroundings, music, food and fun.

Last October's Destination Hollywood crop was no exception... From a red carpet to the paparrazi, the Doo Crew went all out with Hollywood style fun! Each participant at the crop was gifted with a really cool giveaway featuring Reminisce's Hollywood Paparazzi and Lights, Camera, Action papers as well as their Hollywood 3D Sticker Sheet and some fun holographic stars to help commemorate the event.
The scrappy goodies came in very handy when I sat down to scrap Melanie's Hollywood Sleepover party... I have to admit that I borrowed Steph's idea of having a red carpet paparazzi event and had the girls walk on the red carpet for a photo shoot shown here:

(click on the photo for a larger version)

For this two page layout, I cut the Paparazzi paper in half so it could stretch to a two page layout with the red carpet in the center, and then I added black and red Bazzil cardstock to mat the picture and remaining portions of the page. Then I added the footlights that were at the top of the Paparazzi paper as well as some of the words rom the Lights, Camera, Action paper to add some interest to the layout. I finished up with the little stars that were included in the goodie bag and the three dimensional stickers for embellishment and titles... but of course, I had to stickle them up to give 'em extra pop! :)


So there you have it! Although I haven't yet seen what the Doo Crew has dreamed up in terms of Christmas in July, I'm sure that they have something creative, fun, and inspirational up their sleeves... Hope to see you there! :)

I love the simplicity of this layout and am submitting it for consideration at Crafty Catz (Anything Goes), The Poodles Parlor (Anything Goes), Just Keep on Creating (Anything Goes), and Emerald Fairies (Anything Goes)... I see a theme here with the challenge parameters, just sayin. :) Have a wonderful day and happy scrapping! :)

6 comments:

  1. wonderful layouts. Thanks for joining us at A & T Emerald Faeries, good luck and hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow your pages are simply fabulous, thanks for sharing them with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pages are just stunning...thank you for joining us at Poodles Parlours

    Good luck

    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layouts for recording happy moments. Thanks for joining us at POODLES PARLOUR 'Anything Goes' challenge. Good luck and hope to see you next time. Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great scrapbook pages. Thanks for joining us over at 'The Poodles Parlour'. Good luck.

    Elke XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love!