Monday, January 14, 2013

Kraftin' Kimmie is having a GDT Call!

Kraftin Kimmie just had their first release party on facebook this past weekend, and though I had to miss the festivities because we had company, I DID see the news that they are entertaining Guest Designer submissions all this week for people who would be interested in playing along with their Design Team... WEELLLLLLLLL, I HAD to jump on board for that opportunity because 1) I love their stamps and 2) I'm like a borderline Melanie Holtz stalker. I am FOREVER critiquing my coloring and chastising myself for not "embracing the dark" as much as my good ole Copics friends would tell me to... And Melanie has the dark shadows DOWN!!! If you haven't yet checked out her blog, head over to Paper Blessings and prepare to be amazed...

But I digress... :) The challenge requirements in order to be considered for a GDT position at Kraftin' Kimmie's simply call for something metallic in your project featuring a Kraftin' Kimmie stamp. I had already dug out my Judy stamp to be inked up cause I just think she's adorable, and when I saw the call, well, I snuck away from the kids for an hour or so to play with MY toys! :) So I just had to add some metallic silver paper for the mat and the metal mesh embellishment I've been hoarding since forever, and Viola...

I even added a little metallic gel pen to Judy's lips and shoes and belt buckle but it's a gloomy day outside and I can't seem to pick up the glimmer with my camera... :( BUT I totally channeled my inner "Rizzo" for this one and had a LOT of fun making Judy look like a pink lady! :)

WELLL, thanks for looking and please wish me luck with the DT call! Happy craftin!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the colours you've used. Black and pink is such a fun colour combo. Thanks for playing with us at KKS, and good luck to you on the Guest designer spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her hair, it looks great and I am a Melanie stalker too, you are right, her shadows are awesome! Good luck and thanks for playing along with us at Kraftin Kimmies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love!